Apply For Funding
General Grant Guidelines
Who's eligible to apply?
- The community foundation can make grants to the following entities:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Individuals or organizations that do NOT fall into one of the above entities are encouraged to partner with a fiscal agent in one of those categories.
- If that is not possible, please contact the community foundation to see if your project still qualifies and if there are any additional reporting requirements
- Grants are typically restricted to the geographic areas served by the community foundation
What type of support is funded?
- Projects or programs that serve the community and/or advance the mission of the organization
- Seed money to establish or initiate a new project, program, or organization, including operating expenses
- Capacity building or activities that strengthen an organization to increase its ability to fulfill its mission, including technology & equipment, professional development & training, additional staff to implement a new program, etc.
- Capital improvements including new construction or renovation of a facility
- Endowment funds to provide permanent and long-term support for an organization or program
- Note: The grants committee will consider requests for endowment funds, but it is unlikely to receive funding unless it supports a specific initiative.
The following grant requests will NOT be considered:
- Incomplete, incorrect or late applications
- Political projects of any kind
- Organizations or projects that practice discrimination of any kind
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt (if the project has already happened or been paid for, this is considered funding debt).
Apply for a Grant
|Categories of Purpose||Grant Fund (click for specific guidelines)||Application Deadline|
Contact Natalie Wood, Affiliate Relations & Grants Coordinator.