Community foundation awards over $24,000 in fall grants
SYLVAN GROVE, Kan.— During its fall grant cycle, the Post Rock Community Foundation awarded over $24,000 to seven projects throughout Lincoln County and those served by USD 298 and USD 299. The following organizations received funding:
- Sylvan Grove Fair and Agriculture Association, $2,354 to purchase some materials for bathroom updates at the fairgrounds.
- USD 298 Lincoln, $4,015.93 for the preschool playground upgrades for the tricycle path.
- City of Hunter, $2,700 for mini park extension beautification.
- Sylvan Grove Fair and Agriculture Association, $6,135 to purchase materials for the fairground animal wash station expansion.
- USD 299, $1,200 to pay for 5th and 6th graders to attend AmeriTowne in Lenora.
- USD 298 Lincoln, $6,000 to purchase a professional printer for Digital Media Advancements class.
- USD 299, $1,759 to purchase one Canon EOS 90D camera bundle for Yearbook.
This round of grants was made possible by four funds at the community foundation: the Dane G. Hansen Community Grant Fund, the Post Rock Community Action Fund and the Sylvan Area Fund, which all focus on improving quality of life throughout the county, and the Kansas Health Foundation Fund for Post Rock, which supports the public health of Lincoln County and those served by USD 298 and 299.
The foundation’s next grant cycle opens March 1, with online applications due May 1, 2023. For more information, visit http://postrockcf.org/search-apply-for-a-grant/.